Athens News Matters: 10/02/2020
This week on Athens News Matters:
- Dr. Grace Bagwell Adams (Associate Professor in the UGA College of Public Health) gives insight into how the pandemic has been developing in Athens.
- Researcher Dr. Erin Lipp (Professor in the UGA College of Public Health) explains how waste water can be used to test for the Coronavirus.
- Our panel discusses this week in news and politics including mail-in voting and the possible return to in-person learning.
- Blake Herring (Epidemiologist and Contact Tracer Supervisor) joins us to talk about his experience as a contact tracer and the process behind it.
- We hear about the Athens Cultural Affairs Commission’s public art recommendations presented to UGA’s Presidential Task Force on Race, Ethnicity, and Community.
- The Brown Media Archives and Peabody Awards Collection celebrates 25 years with a virtual Home Move Day.
- Local music venue owners join us and explain how the pandemic has impacted their businesses and the Athens music scene.
- Over the next two weeks, Athens News Matters will host candidates for state house, district attorney, and sheriff – and we remind you to submit your questions for the candidates.