Athens News Matters: 11/20/2020
This week on Athens News Matters:
- WUGA’s Jeanne Davis explains what the approval of the western downtown historic district means for property owners .
- David Bradley, CEO and president of the Athens Area Chamber of Commerce, joins us to give an update on how the pandemic has impacted Athens’ economy.
- The panel discusses this week in news and politics including next steps in the redevelopment of local TADs and the two upcoming elections for Athenians.
- The Athens-Clarke County Mayor and Commission sit down to discuss how gas-powered leaf blowers can negatively impact the Athens community.
- We sit down with three professionals to talk about pandemic fatigue including what it is, what causes it, and healthy and safe ways to combat it during COVID-19.
- Johnathan McGinty, Sports Journalist from Beyond the Trestle, explains how COVID-19 precautions and procedures are being handled in sports on both the professional and collegiate level.
- John Slights joins us to review Randall Bramblett’s latest album, Pine Needle Fire.