ACCGov Seeking to Fill Board Positions
Clarke County residents are needed for vacancies on government boards. Eight positions are available on five policy-making boards. They include the Board of Elections, the ACC Library Board, Clarke County Board of Health, the Public Safety Civilian Oversight Board, and the Industrial Development Authority.
Applicants must be Athens-Clarke County residents. Applications must be submitted by Friday, November 10th. Terms range from two to six years. For more information or to apply visit www.accgov.com/boards. The Mayor and Commission are tentatively scheduled to make appointments at the Regular Session meeting on Tuesday, December 5.
- One position on the Athens-Clarke County Industrial Development Authority for a term of two years.*
- Three positions on the Athens-Clarke County Library Board for a term of five years.*
- One position on the Board of Elections for a term of four years.*
- One position on the Clarke County Board of Health for a practicing physician or licensed nurse for a term of six years.*
- Two positions on the Public Safety Civilian Oversight Board for a partial term expiring May 31, 2026.
* Incumbents are eligible for reappointment and may reapply.