Georgia Power encourages its 2.6 million customers to be winter-weather ready, as the company is once again partnering with FEMA, GEMA, GDOT and the National Weather Service for Winter Weather Preparedness Week (WWPW), which will take place Dec. 2 - 6.
The 2019 campaign revolves around an online video series hosted on Georgia Power’s YouTube channel. Each day of the week will focus on a different preparedness tip or action that customers can take to help their families become winter-weather ready.
Preparedness Video Schedule
- Dec. 2 – Regional Risks- Understand what weather risks impact Georgia
- Dec. 3 – Watch vs. Warning- Knowing the difference could save your life
- Dec. 4 – Stay Connected- Resources like emergency alerts & outage maps help you stay informed
- Dec. 5 – Winter Road Safety- What to do on the roads after the storm
- Dec. 6 – Equipped with an Emergency Kit- Find out where to start and what to pack
For more information about staying prepared with Georgia Power, visit the company’s online storm center at GeorgiaPower.com/storm. For more information about Georgia Emergency Management Agency’s preparedness efforts, visit the Ready Georgia website.