Athens News Matters: July 24, 2020
This week on Athens News Matters, hear:
- District 3 Commissioner Melissa Link's take on Governor Kemp's executive order banning local mask mandates
- Local shoppers' opinions on national retailers like WalMart, Kroger and CVS requiring masks
- District 7 Commissioner Russell Edwards join the panel to discuss the future of Clarke County's mask ordidnance, as well as the recent Police Advisory Board meeting
- ACAC and Athens Transit representatives discuss their partnership, which has resulted in artful bus shelters around town
- UGA Professor Shira Chess discuss her upcoming book, "Play Like a Feminist"
- How the coronavirus pandemic could exacerbate the ongoing antibiotic resistance pandemic
- "Athens Voices" tell us what John Lewis's legacy means to them
- An interview with author James Calemine about the recent release of his book "The Road to Hell"