Athens News Matters: 8/28/20
This week on Athens News Matters:
- Dr. Mark Ebell (UGA College of Public Health), Dr. Grace Bagwell Adams (UGA College of Public Health), Dr. Amber Schmidtke (former professor of microbiology at Mercer University), and Dr. Garth Russo (UGA Health Center) discuss the sometimes overwhelming amount of COVID-19 statistics - the numbers they watch, and the information they wish were more readily available to the public.
- Blake Aued (Flagpole Magazine), Lee Shearer (Athens Banner Herald), and Gwen O'Looney (WXAG) join us to talk about the week in news and politics, including the state of coronavirus testing, how ACC police are reacting to renewed protests, and more.
- Megan Wahn talks to expectant mothers, new moms, and healthcare experts about the challenges of pregnancy during the pandemic.
- We talk to Denise D'Angelo Jones about her new book, Spanish Influenza: Nineteen Days in 1919.
- Jessica Wurst takes us to hang out with some bee aficianados to hear about why this hardworking insect is so important to veterinarians.
- Jimmy Sanders gives us an appreciation of the inaugural inductees to the Athens Music Walk of Fame.